Call Us 24/7!
Applying for Citizenship Through Parents
Let Diener Law Help You Unlock Your American Dream
Are you interested in obtaining U.S. citizenship but don’t know where to start? Applying for citizenship through parents in Durham, NC is a great option and can provide a pathway to the much coveted American dream. However, navigating the application process can be complicated, time-consuming, and overwhelming.
If you’re interested in applying for citizenship through your parents, let Diener Law help. Our team of experienced immigration attorneys is dedicated to helping clients navigate the legal process with ease and achieve their citizenship goals. We offer comprehensive legal services to ensure your application is accurate, complete, and submitted on time.
Contact us today to access our FREE Immigration Solution Finder Tool and learn more about how we can assist you with your citizenship goals.
What is Citizenship Through Parents?
Citizenship through parents in Durham, North Carolina, refers to the process of acquiring U.S. citizenship by a child who was born outside the United States but whose parent(s) are U.S. citizens. If a child meets certain eligibility criteria, including the age and residency requirements, and has at least one parent who is a U.S. citizen, they may be able to obtain citizenship through their parent(s).
The child will need to complete an application and provide relevant documentation to prove their eligibility, and the process can be complex and time-consuming. However, obtaining citizenship through parents can provide benefits including the right to vote, eligibility for certain government jobs, and the ability to travel with a U.S. passport. Additionally, citizenship provides protection from deportation and the ability to sponsor family members for immigration to the United States.
How Do I Know I am Eligible to Apply for Citizenship Through Parents?
Here are the eligibility criteria for applying for citizenship through your parents in Durham, North Carolina:
- U.S. citizenship requirements for parents
- At least one parent must be a U.S. citizen by birth or naturalization
- The U.S. citizen parent must have lived in the U.S. for at least five years, with at least two of those years being after the age of 14
- The U.S. citizen parent must have spent at least two of those five years physically present in the U.S
- Child’s age requirements – The child must be under the age of 18 at the time the application is filed.
- Residency requirements – The child must be a lawful permanent resident (LPR) or has a “green card” and lives in the U.S. under the legal and physical custody of the U.S. citizen parent.
- Physical presence requirements – The child must have been physically present in the U.S. for at least half of the time that the U.S. citizen parent has lived in the U.S. prior to the child’s birth.
It’s important to note that these eligibility criteria may be subject to change, so it’s always best to consult with our experienced immigration attorney for the most up-to-date information and guidance on the citizenship application process.
How to Apply for Citizenship Through Parents in Durham, NC?
Applying for citizenship through parents can be a complex process, but it can provide a path to citizenship for children who were born abroad to at least one parent who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
Here are the steps on how to apply for citizenship through your parents in Durham, North Carolina:
1. Gather necessary documents
You will need to gather certain documents to prove your eligibility for citizenship through your parents. These may include:
- Your birth certificate
- Your parents’ birth certificates
- Marriage certificate
- Naturalization certificates
- Other relevant documents
2. File Form N-600
Fill up and file Form N-600 or the Application for Certificate of Citizenship, with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). This form requires detailed information about your parents’ citizenship status, their immigration history, and your own personal information.
3. Attend biometrics appointment
After submitting your Form N-600, you will be required to attend a biometrics appointment to provide your fingerprints, photograph, and signature.
4. Attend citizenship interview
Once your application has been processed, you will be scheduled for a citizenship interview. During this interview, a USCIS officer will review your application and ask you questions about your eligibility for citizenship.
5. Take the Oath of Allegiance
If your application is approved, you will be required to take the Oath of Allegiance at a citizenship ceremony. This oath is a promise to uphold the principles of the Constitution and to support the laws of the United States.
Diener Law is a trusted and experienced immigration law firm that can assist you with your citizenship application in Durham, North Carolina. Contact us today and learn more about how we can help you achieve your citizenship goals.
Why Do I Need an Immigration Attorney in Durham, NC?
There are several reasons why you may need an immigration attorney from Diener Law when applying for citizenship through your parents in Durham, North Carolina:
- Immigration law can be complex and constantly changing. Diener Law can provide you with a thorough understanding of the law and how it applies to your specific case.
- The process of applying for citizenship through parents can be overwhelming and confusing. Our legal team can guide you through the process and help you understand what steps are required and when they need to be taken.
- The application process requires extensive documentation and paperwork. We can help you gather and prepare the necessary documents, ensuring that they are accurate and complete.
- If your application is denied, our immigration attorney can represent you in court and appeal the decision if necessary.
- Diener Law can increase your chances of success in obtaining citizenship through parents by providing thorough preparation, representation, and guidance throughout the entire process.
Hiring our North Carolina immigration attorney from Diener Law can help simplify and streamline the process of applying for citizenship through your parents in Durham, North Carolina. Contact us today to learn more about how we can assist you with your citizenship application.
Call our Durham Immigration Attorney Now!
If you’re considering applying for citizenship through your parents in Durham, North Carolina, the process can be complicated and overwhelming. That’s why it’s crucial to have our experienced immigration attorney on your side. At Diener Law, we understand the pain points and challenges that come with the application process, and we’re here to help.
Our team of immigration attorneys can provide you with the knowledge and guidance you need to navigate the process successfully. Don’t let the complexity of the application process hold you back from obtaining citizenship through your parents. Contact Diener Law today to access our FREE Immigration Solution Finder Tool and learn more about how we can assist you.